What are the common types of motor vehicle accident injury claims?

The most popular categories of Motor Vehicle Accident Injury Claims (MVA claims) in Western Australia are car accident injury claims and motorcycle accident injury claims. The Insurance Commission of Western Australia (ICWA) is a government-run third-party insurer that provides personal injury compensation to people injured or killed in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, and other motor vehicle-related road accidents in Western Australia. Please keep in mind that you may be able to file a claim for the damages to your car or for personal injuries sustained because of the accident.

In a typical motor vehicle accident compensation claim, what can injured persons claim compensation for?

Injured people will seek compensation for medical bills, treatment and care, pain and suffering, and economic losses in a typical motor vehicle accident compensation claim.

Although the Western Australian Insurance Commission (ICWA) provides compensation services to assist victims of motor vehicle accidents in Western Australia, the outcome of compensation depends on several conditions, including how your accident claim is prosecuted and the evidence you collect.

You may need a car accident lawyer to determine what these conditions are and to analyse the situation. There are lawyers in Western Australia who work on the “no win no fee” principle so you can get information about this.

Who can file a claim after a motor vehicle accident?

You can file a claim if you were injured in a motor vehicle accident that was not entirely your fault, whether you were the driver, a passenger, a cyclist, or a pedestrian.

You can also make a claim if you are financially dependent on a person who was fatally injured in a car accident but was not injured.

If your injuries are considered to be catastrophic injuries, even if you were at fault in the accident; You can request care, support or treatment.

Car accidents are the most common type of accident in motor vehicle accidents. So how is the compensation procedure for car accidents in WA?

If you are injured in a car accident on the road, regardless of the severity of your injuries, the easiest place to start filing a car accident injury claim is online.

If you are not legally represented, you should contact the Australian Insurance Commission. On the other hand, if you are legally represented, your car accident claim can be made to the Western Australian Insurance commission through your lawyer. For traffic accident injury claims, good recording of the accident and medical treatment are required in addition to submitting the accident report.  For traffic accident injury claims, good recording of the accident and medical treatment are required in addition to submitting the accident report.

For more information on car accident injury compensation in Perth, Western Australia, please click here.